Last year, I saw this gorgeous card by Laura Bassen. I ordered the die because I thought the card was so beautiful and I just HAD to CASE it.
Anyway, somehow, I ended up with this:
Needless to say, things didn’t go according to plan. I couldn’t achieve the beauty that is Laura’s card, but this wasn’t too shabby for me. 🙂
I think it’s pretty straightforward but I’ll explain how I made it anyway. 🙂
- I diecut the flowers using the Simon Says Stamp Hydrangea Petals die
- Then, I Blended Distress Inks: Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet onto the petals.
- I created a “garland” using the Glossy Eggshell pearls from Little Things from Lucy’s Cards > Absolutely gorgeous embellies, I can’t get over them! I also used them at the centers of the flowers.
- I cut the card front using my usual go-to die set: SSS Stitched Rectangles
- I stamped the sentiment from the Everyday Sentiments stamp set by Pretty Pink Posh. Can’t get over her pretty handwriting either! ❤ [I do wish I stamped with the distress inks I used for the flowers instead of plan black, but that ship has sailed] LOL.
I *may* or *may not* have used a sheet of fun foam between the card front and card base. Also, I *may* or *may not* have heat embossed the sentiment. I cannot remember for the life of me, and I can’t tell from the pictures, but I can check with the person I sent it to, if you’re really curious. LOL
Annnnnd, I think that’s it! Please LMK if you have any questions! 🙂